Thursday, May 22, 2014

Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask *Review*

by Eva NYC

What Does It Do?
The claim:
"Use either as a weekly treatment or an every day conditioner. ...Apply generously to the hair, wait 2-5 minutes and rinse thoroughly."
My thoughts:
I like to deep condition my hair once a week, usually while shaving. I'd say I left this in between 5 and 10 minutes. It didn't take any more work to rinse out than usual and didn't leave any noticeable residue.

Who's It For?
The claim:
"For ALL hair types"
My thoughts:
My hair is long & wavy. Some products give me problems with the top of my hair being too oily or the bottom being too dry. This is perfect for me. I won't say my hair feels silky but the bottom isn't as dry as it was. It was also noticeably easier to brush. I haven't had any frizz problems today. I am well pleased.

Should I Use It?
The claim:
"It's made with Keravis Protein & Argan Oil to deeply condition, repair, and strengthen hair. The Argan Oil nourishes and revitalizes, while Keravis Protein drastically increases hair's strength and elasticity."
My opinion:As far as Argan oil goes it meets the claims. Argan oil is used to heal, fortify, and moisturize cosmetically. I'm not familiar with Keravis though.

Where Can I Get It?
Retailers:
Nordstrom, Free People, Nasty Gal, Asos, Bed Bath & Beyond, Ulta, Urban Outfitters, Kohl's, Walgreens, & Drugstore.com
Direct:
$12 for 2.03 oz (60mL)
or
$40 for 16.9 oz (500 mL)

Final Score?
I'd give this 4/5. It smells lovely, isn't runny at all, & detangled my long, going-on-Rapunzel, hair. It's a little pricey but hey, Argan oil is not cheap! I'm curious to see what their Soften Up Conditioner would do for my locks.


Disclosure: This is an unsolicited review of a product I received as part of my Ipsy subscription. I did not receive any compensation for this post. All opinions are 100% honest & reflect my own personal views. 

No comments:

Post a Comment