Monday, July 7, 2014

Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion *Review*

What Does It Do?
The claim:
"• 24 hours of luxurious moisturization with refreshing hydrating ribbons
• Lightweight feel
• Coconut papaya fragrance
• Refreshes sun-tired skin with soothing aloe gel"

My thoughts:
When I put this on I actually saw the ribbons in the gel- which was cool! It feels like what it is, a cross between aloe gel and lotion. It dried smooth, not sticky. The fragrance itself is hard to put my finger on. It's light, not overwhelmingly fruity. If I hadn't known better I might not have picked up on the coconut scent at all. I actually really like it. This one will be staying in my beach bag from now on!

Should I Use It?
The claim:
"Infused with silk protein and Shea butter to moisturize skin for 24 hours, along with aloe for cooling benefits, Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration™ is an indulgent after sun experience that pampers and soothes the skin...."
My opinion:
This does contain shea butter, mango butter, cocoa butter, and aloe juice, all of which are well known ingredients for helping to maintain healthy skin. I checked it manually in the Skin Deep Database. All of the ingredients except for Fragrance scored a 5 or better. I feel comfortable in saying I would continue to use this product for soothing relief on a hot day.

Where Can I Get It?
Here in the states this is a pretty common brand. I would suggest checking near the aloe & sunscreen at your local drug store. You can also find this online at Walmart, Target, & Drugstore.com.

Final Score?
I'd give this 5/5. I will admit I was a bit prejudiced against this brand before I tried it. I expected it to be full of sketchy ingredients. I'm happy to say I was wrong. I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. I can't think of a single thing I dislike about this product. I would say this is a must-have beach product for the summer.

Disclosure: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are 100% honest & reflect my own personal views.  

No comments:

Post a Comment