I've been wanting to try matcha for years now. I finally got the chance with Kiss Me Organics. Matcha is basically powdered, high-quality green tea. It's the same thing you'll find at Japanese Tea Ceremonies. Nowadays it's used to flavor delicious drinks & treats. Thanks to a little experimentation I came up with the recipe below.
Iced Green Tea Latte
1/2 t. Kiss Me Organics Matcha
1 T. Agave Nectar (or to taste)
1/2 c. Whole Milk
1/2 c. Purified Water
With a fork or whisk mix the agave & matcha in a medium sized container until completely blended together. Add your water and mix again until smooth. Add the milk & whisk. Pour into an ice filled cup. Enjoy!
Note: The key here is to make a paste with the agave & matcha before adding anything else. I found that this makes for a smooth beverage instead of a grainy one.
I was about ready to give up when I turned to google. I found a delicious green tea biscotti recipe. (You can find it on my new matcha pinterest board.) I'm not gonna lie, I polished off that batch within 24 hours. It was amazing! Now I LOVE my Kiss Me Organics Matcha!
- It's USDA certified organic. Seriously, the only ingredient in this is 100% organic matcha.
- Its has 137x the antioxidents of standard brewed green tea.
- Its helps burn calories & improves energy and focus. I have a cruddy metabolism so I'm pretty happy about this.
- It's really versatile. You're not stuck using this just for drinking. You can use to make all sorts of baked goods and sweet treats. Plus, now that it's summer you can add it to your smoothies. I keep wanting to try it in a strawberry one.
- It comes with a 30 day, 110% money-back guarantee. I like it when companies have confidence in their product.
- It's delicious! Am, my daughter, insists the iced lattes are even better than chocolate milk. I'd have to agree.
- The two recipes I tried from the ebook didn't work for me. After I tried some different ones I found online the difference was a pleasant surprise. (I didn't try all of the recipes so some might be good.)
- This is powdered so if it's mixed incorrectly your beverage can turn out grainy. I've had the same problem with cocoa powder. It's an easy fix.
- It does contain caffeine. This could be a pro depending on how you view it. I have to watch my caffeine intake though.
I would give this a 5/5. I'm not going to fault Kiss Me Organics Matcha for user/recipe errors. No one's buying this for ebook. The product itself is delicious! This is definitely a summer must-have! The flavor is light and refreshing. The iced latte is now one of my favorite things to drink. It's super fast to make and I get to feel good about the beverages I'm serving my family. I am so in love with this matcha!
I received the product mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com for review purposes only. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.