Tuesday, July 8, 2014

StyloPhora Sphere Ice Mold Set *Review*


StyloPhora's Sphere Ice Molds are silicone molds that create baseball sized balls of ice. Each set of 3 comes with a collapsible silicone funnel which you can use to help fill your molds. After you fill your mold you place it in the freezer for later use. Your frozen balls of ice can then be added to drinks and will not thaw as quickly as a standard ice cube.

It's been over a week now since I started using StyloPhora's Sphere Ice Molds and I love them! This is not your average run-of-the-mill silicone mold. These things are tough and thick. They hold their shape easily so you don't need to use kid gloves with them. These are the best quality silicone product I've used to date. The ice balls came out perfectly and they've held up very well when we've used them. In fact, one goes in Chris' bedside water every night now. I enjoy adding things like fruit & dog treats.

Pros:
  • They're dishwasher safe AND BPA free! This is pretty much mandatory for our households kitchen.
  • The ice balls worked perfectly and did, in fact, take longer to melt.
  • Very versatile- they can be used in punch bowls, whiskey, to make dog treats, and much more!
  • They come with a 100% money back guarantee (not that you'd need it.)
  • The molds come with a collapsible silicone funnel and have fill lines to reduce spills.
  • They're made with sturdy, FDA approved, food grade silicone.
Cons:
  • The normal list price of $39.99 is a little steep for me. (They're currently marked down to $13.97 on Amazon.
  • I've had a little difficulty in getting them to unmold sometimes. However, this is quickly fixed by running them under lukewarm water for a few seconds.
    All in all I would give the StyloPhora Sphere Ice Molds a 5/5. The cons are practically negligible and they're just so well made that I can't help but love them! Plus, they're reusable and BPA free. We go through ice (and therefore water) less frequently now which is totally better for the environment. I would definitely recommend these molds- to the point that I'll probably buy some sets for Christmas this year!

    They're also Jareth approved! ^_^

    I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

    3 comments:

    1. Those make the neatest ice balls. I have seen ice balls at a trendy club I went to with friends.

      ReplyDelete
    2. These are so cool. I saw ice balls at a trendy club I went to with friends.

      ReplyDelete
    3. These would be cool in a punch bowl. They seem easy to make too.

      ReplyDelete