Monday, August 4, 2014

Adovia Exfoliating Facial Sea Salts *Review*


If you don't know me you wouldn't know that I'm a big fan of holistic beauty treatments. Ever since I found my mothers recipe book as a child I was hooked. I started with egg facials and quickly moved on to homemade chamomile concoctions. It was like magic. Unsurprisingly, this love carried over into adulthood when I began making my own natural bath and body products as a lark. Now I love checking out new healthy beauty products. Adovia Exfoliating Facial Sea Salts is a great example of this.

It consists of a single ingredient: fine grain dead sea salt. Dead sea salts are full of minerals. Using them for exfoliation will help your skin absorb some of those minerals as the dead skin cells are exfoliated away. This makes for even healthier skin overall. As far as ingredients go it's one of the best.

That being said, this does need to be mixed in with something such as a carrier oil (olive oil, almond oil, etc.) or cleanser. I was gentle when applying it and I don't have sensitive skin. It was still too rough for me to continue to use on my face. My skin is normal and this does say it's for oily skin. That might just be it.

However, this is perfect for a body scrub. It doesn't market itself as such but I would strongly recommend it for hand and body use. The weather is getting cooler. It's the time of year when everyone in cold climates begins to feel the effects of the dry air. This is when I really bust out my scrubs and moisturizers. Tomorrow I'm going to show a few ideas of how I will personally be using my Adovia Exfoliating Dead Sea Salts over the next few months.

Long story short, I'd give this 3/5 stars for facial use (for my skin type which is normal) & 5/5 for other uses. I'm really looking forward to incorporating Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts into my weekly beauty routine.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always leery of face scrubs that are salt. I have very sensitive skin so I could see this being to harsh, but I love your idea about using it as a body scrub! Now that I can get behind. I'll have to check this brand out :)

    ReplyDelete